Sunday, May 29, 2011

You gotta be kidding me



I decided to boot up Red Faction: Guerilla the other day and by boot up I mean pop in the DVD and start the game (ah I love not having to install games with consoles). It took me a while to get accustomed to the controls once more and to bring up the map figuring out where I had left off. Well I see there is a demolition mission on the top left of the first zone the game places you in. I set it on my GPS or overhead map UI and I'm embark on my adventure. I continue to demolish and just wreck havoc (what would this game be without this great physics engine) with the pre-supplied Mech getting a satisfying time yet not gold. Then the game goes black! After I hit A from the points/time screen and I wait for 4 minutes before deciding yup my console just froze (or maybe the game for that matter).

Restart the console and go back into Red Faction: Guerilla. My save file just disappeared, it's not there! I can't continue where I left off because magically it just got erased from my FREAKIN HARD DRIVE!? WHAT? This is the problem with auto saving systems in a game. If the auto save is always present you shouldn't have a problem but hmm I'm guessing I should have made a manual save as a backup. Instead I'm thinking ok ok I just have to wait for the game to read that my hard drive is attached. Click load game, back to the menu, go back to load game, then back to the menu again. I did this like 4 or 5 times along with selecting the hard drive as the device to find my save and/or the device to save my game on.

I then back out back onto the dashboard and check out my hard drive's memory. Scroll down to the Rs where Red Faction should be and just like I had feared the entry wasn't on the list!? I mean how the hell can a game just eat a freakin save file! Oh man I'm so pissed off right now. I mean I have to do all that over again, (think I unlocked the third zone in the game). If I remember correctly I had just found the mercenary outpost base and acquired their crazy sweet Mad Max looking contraption of a vehicle. Wow what an anti-motivational process for your game. Forget this, I'm going back to playing DiRT 3 because it remembers my previous races with its auto save. psssh

No comments:

Post a Comment