Sunday, June 5, 2011

E3 and Nintendo's Project Cafe

So yeah a lot of buzz is coming out of GameInformer and then being quoted all over the internet with gaming sites such as GamesRadar, Gamespot and gaming blogs like Joystiq and Kotaku. Seems there's talk of Nintendo showing a HD Nintendo system coming this E3 with the actual product in capable hands late 2012. We'll finally be able to see Mario in all crisp clear non jaggies (without the blurry anti-aliasing) but is this an official apology to hardcore gamers that felt snuffed out from the Wii's casual gaming collection or is this a system that will allow customers to play Wii Sports in high definition now. It seems very beneficial that Nintendo comes out with this system with killer games that shows that they haven't forgotten their hardcore diehard fans. 

Maybe this time they'll get more support and have actual good multiplatform games on their system. Well it's interesting that the source says this will not be a gimmick this time. Right, I'll believe that when I see it unfortunately. I guess if you happen to be a Nintendo diehard fan you probably got in on the Wii bandwagon so would you upgrade, something similar to a Xbox 360 Arcade to Xbox 360S with Kinect perhaps, or will you wait eagerly on the sideline until Super Mario Kart HD, or an unknown killer app (prob a high definition Mario game), comes out?! Me I'm glad there is competition but Nintendo seems to be for a different target audience than me it seems. I believe I grew up and matured.

Sorry I've grown up, although I play some NSMB, Zelda Spirit Tracks etc on my DS from time to time, I love my PC and 360 with mature games that have shown me many interesting worlds, stories, characters and gameplay. I'm not talking about mature game like blood and nudity but actually adult concepts and topics. My favorite "Next Gen" games of all time are The Orange Box, the Left 4 Dead series, Bioshock series, Assassin's Creed series, Mass Effect series, GTA series (IV & its superb DLC), Forza series, Company of Heroes (and its exp), Starcraft 2, Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, Gears of War series, Batman:AA and Red Dead Redemption! Now there is a possibility that Nintendo wows me into wanting their system but they're going to have to try hard and that try hard means backing some third party developers for multiplatform games to not only arrive on their system but be good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment